4Children is a consortium of agencies including Catholic Relief Services (CRS), IntraHealth, Maestral, Pact, Plan International USA and Westat. CRS, as the prime agency of 4Children, only promotes programming that is in line with Catholic Social Teaching. Any materials included on this site that promote activities not aligned with Catholic Social Teaching should not be interpreted as endorsement of these activities by CRS.
The 4Children Project is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, the terms ‘site’ and ‘website’ refer to all pages hosted at OVCsupport.org. You may print a copy of these terms for your records. These Terms can also be accessed any time at
Terms and Conditions
Use of this website is provided by the 4Children Project subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. By accessing, using or submitting content of any nature and in any form to the site, and in consideration for such access and use, you agree to be bound by these Terms, whether you only browse the site or you are a registered user of the site, and that these Terms constitute a legal agreement between you and 4Children. Please read these Terms carefully. Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as of the date of your first use of the site. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, your use of this site must be ended immediately.
2. The 4Children Project may change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by, any third party.
4. By posting content of any nature and in any form to the site you grant to the 4Children Project a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, perpetual worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, translate, distribute, publicly display, and modify such content and/or incorporate it into a collective work. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. You represent and warrant that (a) you own the content you post to the site, otherwise have the right to grant the foregoing license, or that such submission constitutes fair use; (b) the content you post to the site does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights of any person; and (c) the submission of your content to the site does not result in a breach of any contract between you and third party.
5. You agree that you will not post any content to the site or engage in any activity in connection with the site that is illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy, injurious, deemed inappropriate by 4Children in its sole discretion, or otherwise prohibited by these terms, including, without limitation, content or activity that:
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter;
- involves or promotes the transmission of computer viruses spam, junk mail, chain letters or unsolicited mass mailing;
- you know is false or misleading and intended to defraud;
- promotes conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- discloses the personal identifying information of any person who has not authorized such disclosure, including, without limitation, any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses of such person;
- furthers or promotes or provides instructional information regarding any illegal or criminal activity or enterprise;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information from any person for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- attempts to impersonate another user of the Site;
- disrupts, interferes with, or unduly burdens the Site or any networks connected to the Site; and
- involves the use of the username or password belonging to another user of the Site.
You further agree that you will not post any content to the site or engage in any activity, without the prior express written consent of 4Children, that:
- involves commercial activities and/or sales, including, without limitation, contests, sweepstakes, solicitation of donations, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or
- represents your personal opinions as endorsed by 4Children or uses the name or any trademark of 4Children to endorse or promote any product, opinion, cause or political candidate.
4Children reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who posts or engages in any of the foregoing content or activity, respectively, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. You are solely responsible for all content you post to the site and all activity in which you engage and 4Children accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with such content and activity. You acknowledge that content posted to the Site is not necessarily reviewed or screened by 4Children prior to posting, but that 4Children reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to edit, restrict or remove any content posted to the Site or to terminate the registration of any user for any reason.
6. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, and logos are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will the 4Children Project be liable for any damages whatever including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, arising from use of this site or in connection with use or loss of use of this site, whether in contract or in negligence save that this condition will not restrict our liability for any kind of loss the limitation of which is not permitted by law.
7. The 4Children Project does its best to ensure that this site is functioning correctly and that materials contained in the site are timely and accurate. However, the 4Children Project does not warrant or represent: (a) that the functions and materials contained in this site will always be uninterrupted or error free; (b) that defects will be corrected; (c) that this site, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs; and (d) the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials found on this site.
8. Concerns about accuracy of information: we invite you to bring to our attention any material you believe to be factually inaccurate. Please notify us by forwarding a copy of the material and your comments by email to: email@example.com.
9. If you believe that material posted to the site infringes your copyrighted work, notify the 4Children Project of your infringement claim in accordance with the following procedure. All notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent by email, with the Subject ATTN: Copyright Agent, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to: Office of General Counsel, Attn: Copyright Agent, 228 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201.
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain substantially the following information:
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the site;
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of a notification of claimed infringement that conforms to the foregoing requirements, the 4Children Project will investigate the claim and respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. It is the 4Children Project’s policy to, in appropriate circumstances, take reasonable steps within its power to terminate registered users who are repeat copyright infringers.
10. Some documents, photos and other materials have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not the 4Children Project). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated in respect of such materials from sources external to the website).
11. The information and materials developed by the 4Children Project and contained on this website may be printed and used for personal, educational and not-for-profit purposes only, provided at all times that source indications are stated (to include, but not to be limited to, the name of the copyright owner). It is strictly prohibited to sell any information or materials to third parties or to use any information or materials for personal gain.
12. We encourage the translation and adaptation of 4Children information and materials but only with the prior written approval of the 4Children Project. Please send all requests to email@example.com. Under no circumstances shall the 4Children Project be held responsible for the content of any third party translation or adaptation
13. The 4Children Project takes no responsibility for the content of external internet sites. In addition, links to these websites cannot be taken as any endorsement of the content or approval of the views and expressions on these websites by the 4Children Project, the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the United States Government or any affiliated consortium partners.
14. Photographs: the inclusion of persons in images or photographs within this website should not be construed as indicating their health status or any other information that can be considered sensitive personal data. In order to respect the privacy of the children and adults with whom we work, the photographs and names used on this site are not necessarily those of the actual people concerned.
15. External links to this website: any organization wishing to set up a link to this site must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirm their agreement to the terms and conditions.
If any provision of these Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision is seemed severable from the other provisions and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Maryland or, if appropriate, the United States District Court for the District of Maryland for resolution of any dispute, action, or proceeding arising in connection with these terms or your use or non-use of the site, and you further irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any such dispute, action or proceeding.