Please click the above links for a guide to assist OVC program personnel (community- or facility-based case management workers) to understand the importance of MMD and to understand their role and responsibilities in supporting MMD for C/ALHIV.
- Background information on MMD (what MMD is, why MMD is beneficial, which children are eligible for MMD) and reference material on ARVs and optimized regimens
- An explanation of the role played by OVC workers in supporting C/ALHIV to start and continue on MMD
- Reminders on the role of OVC workers in supporting C/ALHIV in terms of adherence to treatment, viral load monitoring, and other elements of their health and well-being
- Guidance on when to refer C/ALHIV on MMD for clinical support and on identifying eligible C/ALHIV not yet on MMD
- Examples of modifications to standard OVC program data collection and reporting tools to incorporate MMD
AVAILABLE IN: English, French, Kirundi (forthcoming), Hausa (forthcoming), Yoruba (forthcoming)