A GLOBAL HUB
ON CHILDREN AND HIV
Our mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable
children through connecting the global community and providing
the most up-to-date information on HIV and other adversities.
Megan Collins for CRS
AREAS OF FOCUS
- CAPACITY BUILDING & SYSTEM STRENGTHENINGSystem strengthening includes building capacity of families, communities, civil society organizations and governments to provide social services, case management and referrals.
- CHILD PROTECTIONChild protection prevents and responds to abuse, exploitation and neglect, and family separation to ensure that children are cared for in a loving and supportive environment.
- ECONOMIC STRENGTHENINGEconomic strengthening interventions protect and strengthen the economic situation of households and empowers families to provide for the essential needs of their children.
- EDUCATIONEducation ensures children have access to a continuum of early childhood development opportunities, quality schools and life skills training to secure their future.
- HEALTH & NUTRITIONHealth and nutrition interventions for vulnerable children should provide a continuum of care that prevents and treats illness and promotes wellbeing for children and their families.
- PROGRAMMINGProgramming for vulnerable children includes general guidance on implementation, monitoring and evaluation and assuring quality services.
- PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORTPsychosocial support provides children and families with resources that build internal resilience for emotional, social, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- SPECIAL POPULATIONSSpecial populations of children require additional support with individualized approaches for protection and inclusion.
Retaining Adolescent Girls and Young Women in HIV Prevention Programming: A Review of Girls’ Clubs and Savings Groups in MozambiqueAugust 13, 2018
This report presents a description of the girls’ clubs and savings groups implemented by Project Força à Comunidade e Às Crianças (FCC; Child and Community Strengthening) of World Education International (WEI) and World Vision’s Strengthening Communities through Integrated Programming (SCIP) project. The two projects in Mozambique are implementing girls’ clubs and savings groups as part… View ArticleRead more »
This overarching framework outlines the pathway toward better outcomes for children affected by HIV. The logic model, designed by MEASURE Evaluation, complements and incorporates a series of benchmarks for assessing achievement of household case plans and determining the readiness of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) households to exit from OVC programs through graduation.Read more »
Monitoring, Evaluating and Reporting PEPFAR’s Essential Survey Indicators for Orphans and Vulnerable Children Programs: Research Protocol TemplateAugust 8, 2018
This protocol template is designed for organizations collecting the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (MER) Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Essential Survey Indicators (ESI) of the United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). It includes sections on background, study design, human subjects research, and fieldwork procedures for data collection of the nine MER OVC… View ArticleRead more »
Tangible benefits to child well-being seen among households participating in savings and internal lending communities (SILC)August 2, 2018
This brief shares data about the effect of savings groups — which CRS calls “SILC” (Savings and Internal Lending Communities) — on vulnerable households in Nigeria. Between August 2015 and September 2017, more than 1,100 SILC groups were formed within the CRS-led “SMILE” program for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC). The groups engaged nearly 25,000 members, including roughly… View ArticleRead more »
Nairobi, Kenya This conference is aimed at bringing together key stakeholders in the field of Child Protection in Africa. The participants will sha...