A GLOBAL HUB ON
CHILDREN AND HIV
Our mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable
children through connecting the global community and providing
the most up-to-date information on HIV and other adversities.
Photo by Pact
AREAS OF FOCUS
- CAPACITY DEVELOPMENTSystem strengthening includes building capacity of families, communities, civil society organizations and governments to provide social services, case management and referrals.
- CHILD PROTECTIONChild protection prevents and responds to abuse, exploitation and neglect, and family separation to ensure that children are cared for in a loving and supportive environment.
- ECONOMIC STRENGTHENINGEconomic strengthening interventions protect and strengthen the economic situation of households and empowers families to provide for the essential needs of their children.
- EDUCATIONEducation ensures children have access to a continuum of early childhood development opportunities, quality schools and life skills training to secure their future.
- HEALTH & NUTRITIONHealth and nutrition interventions for vulnerable children should provide a continuum of care that prevents and treats illness and promotes wellbeing for children and their families.
- PROGRAMMINGProgramming for vulnerable children includes general guidance on implementation, monitoring and evaluation and assuring quality services.
- PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORTPsychosocial support provides children and families with resources that build internal resilience for emotional, social, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- SPECIAL POPULATIONSSpecial populations of children require additional support with individualized approaches for protection and inclusion.
ACHIEVE Integrated Technical and Organizational Capacity Assessment: Guidelines for ImplementationJune 22, 2022
Core to ACHIEVE’s approach is capacity development (CD) for local partners, enabling them to lead and sustain HIV epidemic control for ACHIEVE’s target population – pregnant and breastfeeding women (PBF), infants, children, and youth – to reach the 95-95-95 targets. ACHIEVE’s capacity development approach targets both organizational and technical capacity domains that are critical to… View ArticleRead more »
Innovations in Community-led Monitoring for OVC & DREAMS ProgrammingDecember 8, 2021
On December 2, 2021, ACHIEVE hosted a webinar around the launch of its Community-led Monitoring Toolkit for OVC and Dreams Programming. During the event, the ACHIEVE team shared details from the toolkit development process including field experiences from pilot activities held in August and September 2021. Click the following link to watch a recording of… View ArticleRead more »
Guide: Supporting Pediatric ART AdherenceDecember 6, 2021
Lay health workers, OVC case managers, and community health workers can play an important role in pediatric and adolescent HIV treatment adherence. The CDC partnered with ICAP to develop training materials to support OVC case managers lay workers and community health workers, and other community-based cadres to support peds ART adherence. By understanding the basic… View ArticleRead more »
Providing Care and Support to Children of Female Sex Workers: Training for Orphan and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Program StaffDecember 1, 2021
Children of female sex workers (CFSWs) are a highly vulnerable group of children due to their exposure to a combination of health, social, and economic risk factors. These children often live in extreme poverty, experience food insecurity, have poor access to essential services, and are at increased risk of HIV infection, as well as physical,… View ArticleRead more »
Webinar: Integrating the Health and Social Service Sectors to Achieve Health for All
Integrating the Health and Social Service Sectors to Achieve Health for All Tuesday, March 16th, 2021 8:00 - 9:30 AM EST Stay tuned for materials...