A GLOBAL HUB
ON CHILDREN AND HIV
Our mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable
children through connecting the global community and providing
the most up-to-date information on HIV and other adversities.
Megan Collins for CRS
AREAS OF FOCUS
- CAPACITY BUILDING & SYSTEM STRENGTHENINGSystem strengthening includes building capacity of families, communities, civil society organizations and governments to provide social services, case management and referrals.
- CHILD PROTECTIONChild protection prevents and responds to abuse, exploitation and neglect, and family separation to ensure that children are cared for in a loving and supportive environment.
- ECONOMIC STRENGTHENINGEconomic strengthening interventions protect and strengthen the economic situation of households and empowers families to provide for the essential needs of their children.
- EDUCATIONEducation ensures children have access to a continuum of early childhood development opportunities, quality schools and life skills training to secure their future.
- HEALTH & NUTRITIONHealth and nutrition interventions for vulnerable children should provide a continuum of care that prevents and treats illness and promotes wellbeing for children and their families.
- PROGRAMMINGProgramming for vulnerable children includes general guidance on implementation, monitoring and evaluation and assuring quality services.
- PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORTPsychosocial support provides children and families with resources that build internal resilience for emotional, social, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- SPECIAL POPULATIONSSpecial populations of children require additional support with individualized approaches for protection and inclusion.
Are women’s experiences of emotional and economic intimate partner violence associated with HIV-risk behaviour? A cross-sectional analysis of young women in informal settlements in South AfricaNovember 15, 2018
This study in South Africa with young women, ages 18-30, looked at the relationship between emotional intimate partner violence (IPV) and economic IPV. Researchers found that both forms of IPV were common. Women who reported emotional IPV were less likely to report condom use at last sex, and those reporting past year economic IPV were… View ArticleRead more »
Spanish Resources for Adolescent Savings Groups SILC Facilitation Guide: Coloring book and Strengthening Competencies in Adolescents provides instructions for using the Strengthening Competencies in Adolescents manual and the coloring book in SILC groups. Color | Blanco y Negro (Black & White) The Strengthening Competencies in Adolescents manual strengthens SILC work with adolescents in schools and communities, and includes themes of savings, values, culture of peace, environment, life… View ArticleRead more »
Situating the drivers of violence: Building a global movement through national engagement, evidence and actionNovember 14, 2018
The Multi-Country Study on the Drivers of Violence Affecting Children in Peru, Italy, Viet Nam and Zimbabwe sought to understand what drives violence in these countries and what can be done about it. The Drivers Study used a human-centered design and an applied approach which engaged national ministries in the process of analysis, problem-solving and policy formation. … View ArticleRead more »
This training guide intends to increase health care workers’ empathy, clinical knowledge and interpersonal skills in regard to key populations, in order to help provide high-quality and comprehensive services free of stigma and discrimination. The guide was written to support LINKAGES projects and is aimed at experienced trainers of health care workers who have a… View ArticleRead more »
Kigali, Rwanda The conference theme "AIDS FREE AFRICA - Innovation, Community, and Political Leadership" engages the whole continent and all stak...