A GLOBAL HUB ON
CHILDREN AND HIV
Our mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable
children through connecting the global community and providing
the most up-to-date information on HIV and other adversities.
Photo by Pact
AREAS OF FOCUS
- CAPACITY DEVELOPMENTSystem strengthening includes building capacity of families, communities, civil society organizations and governments to provide social services, case management and referrals.
- CHILD PROTECTIONChild protection prevents and responds to abuse, exploitation and neglect, and family separation to ensure that children are cared for in a loving and supportive environment.
- ECONOMIC STRENGTHENINGEconomic strengthening interventions protect and strengthen the economic situation of households and empowers families to provide for the essential needs of their children.
- EDUCATIONEducation ensures children have access to a continuum of early childhood development opportunities, quality schools and life skills training to secure their future.
- HEALTH & NUTRITIONHealth and nutrition interventions for vulnerable children should provide a continuum of care that prevents and treats illness and promotes wellbeing for children and their families.
- PROGRAMMINGProgramming for vulnerable children includes general guidance on implementation, monitoring and evaluation and assuring quality services.
- PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORTPsychosocial support provides children and families with resources that build internal resilience for emotional, social, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- SPECIAL POPULATIONSSpecial populations of children require additional support with individualized approaches for protection and inclusion.
Triangulating OVC and Health Facility Data to Identify Gaps in HIV Care and Treatment for Children and Adolescents Living with HIV Document attached here. According to PEPFAR guidance, OVC programs and PEPFAR HIV clinical partners in health facilities (HFs) need to work hand in hand to improve pediatric HIV treatment outcomes for C&ALHIV under the… View ArticleRead more »
Webinar Resources: What Works? Effective coordination between OVC and HIV clinical partners to improve pediatric HIV case finding, retention and viral load suppressionMarch 16, 2021
Webinar Resources: Coordination OVC Slides Data Triangulation Tech Brief Questions & Answers from Webinar OVC Task Force and interagency PEPFAR colleagues discussed how OVC and HIV clinical implementing partners have coordinated their efforts to improve pediatric HIV case finding, retention and viral load suppression in Malawi, Mozambique and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The… View ArticleRead more »
Custom Indicators Optional Custom Indicators for USAID OVC Programs: Standard Operating Procedures Optional Custom Indicators for USAID OVC Programs: Performance Indicator Reference Sheets The Standard Operating Procedures document guides OVC programs funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to operationalize the optional OVC custom indicators. This document accompanies the Performance Indicator Reference… View ArticleRead more »
Custom Indicators USAID PEPFAR Central Custom Indicators Reference Guide (IRS) USAID PEPFAR Central Custom Indicators Guidance Indicator Reference Sheets (IRS) are included for all custom indicators to be collected centrally through USAID’s PEPFAR Custom Indicators process. Each IRS provides a definition of the indicator, description of reporting components (numerator, denominator, disaggregates), frequency of reporting, and… View ArticleRead more »
Integrating the Health and Social Service Sectors to Achieve Health for All Tuesday, March 16th, 2021 8:00 - 9:30 AM EST Stay tuned for materials...