A GLOBAL HUB
ON CHILDREN AND HIV
Our mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable
children through connecting the global community and providing
the most up-to-date information on HIV and other adversities.
Megan Collins for CRS
AREAS OF FOCUS
- CAPACITY BUILDING & SYSTEM STRENGTHENINGSystem strengthening includes building capacity of families, communities, civil society organizations and governments to provide social services, case management and referrals.
- CHILD PROTECTIONChild protection prevents and responds to abuse, exploitation and neglect, and family separation to ensure that children are cared for in a loving and supportive environment.
- ECONOMIC STRENGTHENINGEconomic strengthening interventions protect and strengthen the economic situation of households and empowers families to provide for the essential needs of their children.
- EDUCATIONEducation ensures children have access to a continuum of early childhood development opportunities, quality schools and life skills training to secure their future.
- HEALTH & NUTRITIONHealth and nutrition interventions for vulnerable children should provide a continuum of care that prevents and treats illness and promotes wellbeing for children and their families.
- PROGRAMMINGProgramming for vulnerable children includes general guidance on implementation, monitoring and evaluation and assuring quality services.
- PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORTPsychosocial support provides children and families with resources that build internal resilience for emotional, social, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- SPECIAL POPULATIONSSpecial populations of children require additional support with individualized approaches for protection and inclusion.
This document is a job aid for improving the quality of services for orphans and vulnerable children at the community level. It explains the guiding principles of the quality service standards, which include identifying the needs of the OVC and their households and provision of appropriate services on an ongoing basis, ensuring participation and involvement… View ArticleRead more »
The Ministry of Labour, Social Security, and Services through the Department of Children Services commissioned an analysis that assessed the provision of Psychosocial Support (PSS) services in Kenya in 2013. Psychosocial support is a continuum of love, care, and protection that enhances the cognitive, physical, emotional, and social wellbeing of an individual and strengthens their social cultural connectedness… View ArticleRead more »
This is a course on HIV and child protection linkages developed with and for the National Institute of Social Workers (INTS), a national social work training institution in DRC under the auspices of the Ministry of Social Affairs (MINAS), for the 2nd year of graduate-level social work training. The course aims to build knowledge and… View ArticleRead more »
Year 1 course on HIV/child protection linkages developed with and for the National Institute of Social Workers (INTS), a national social work training institution under the auspices of the Ministry of Social Affairs (MINAS), for the first year of graduate-level social work training. The course aims to build knowledge and skills of social work students… View ArticleRead more »
The critical role of OVC Programs in increasing access to HTS for children most at risk: lessons from the field and implications for programming
Join 4Children and OVCsupport.org for a webinar on improving linkages to HTS for vulnerable children! November 30, 2017 at 9am EST/5pm EAT Despi...