A GLOBAL HUB
ON CHILDREN AND HIV
Our mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable
children through connecting the global community and providing
the most up-to-date information on HIV and other adversities.
Megan Collins for CRS
AREAS OF FOCUS
- CAPACITY BUILDING & SYSTEM STRENGTHENINGSystem strengthening includes building capacity of families, communities, civil society organizations and governments to provide social services, case management and referrals.
- CHILD PROTECTIONChild protection prevents and responds to abuse, exploitation and neglect, and family separation to ensure that children are cared for in a loving and supportive environment.
- ECONOMIC STRENGTHENINGEconomic strengthening interventions protect and strengthen the economic situation of households and empowers families to provide for the essential needs of their children.
- EDUCATIONEducation ensures children have access to a continuum of early childhood development opportunities, quality schools and life skills training to secure their future.
- HEALTH & NUTRITIONHealth and nutrition interventions for vulnerable children should provide a continuum of care that prevents and treats illness and promotes wellbeing for children and their families.
- PROGRAMMINGProgramming for vulnerable children includes general guidance on implementation, monitoring and evaluation and assuring quality services.
- PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORTPsychosocial support provides children and families with resources that build internal resilience for emotional, social, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
- SPECIAL POPULATIONSSpecial populations of children require additional support with individualized approaches for protection and inclusion.
Through the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the U.S. is the largest bilateral donor to the global HIV/AIDS response. The strategy put forth in this document aims to achieve control of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in 10 high-burdened countries by the end of 2020 through a particular focus on 13 priority high-burdened countries. While… View ArticleRead more »
Measuring the Strength of National Social Service Systems: 33 Indicators to Help the United States Government and Others Engaged in Strengthening Social Service Systems for Orphans and Vulnerable Children See What Difference Their Investments Are MakingSeptember 20, 2017
This fact sheet gives an overview of the 33 indicators for measuring the strength of national social service systems including background, what they measure, why they are needed, and how they were developed.Read more »
National Social Service Systems for Orphans and Vulnerable Children: Framework for Planning and Monitoring and EvaluationSeptember 20, 2017
The National Social Service Systems for Orphans and Vulnerable Children: Framework for Planning and Monitoring and Evaluation describes indicators, indicator definitions, and a process for applying the indicators to assess, monitor, or evaluate social-service system strengthening efforts. Included in this document are useful processes and tools to adapt the indicators for country-specific context and a… View ArticleRead more »
The Interactive Map allows you to navigate through the resources in the BCN Library and online database by clicking on different areas of a World Map to find resources related to a particular region or country.Read more »