For the last five years, the Global Social Service Workforce Alliance has held “Social Service Workforce Week” (SSWWeek) as a means to bring more attention and support to the social service workforce and build awareness of various workforce strengthening activities happening throughout the world. To be celebrated September 24 – 28, this year’s SSWWeek will increase attention to the recently launched Call to Action, share examples of how it is being implemented, and outline steps individuals and groups can take toward achievement of the steps outlined in this advocacy document.
- Day 1, September 24: A Call to Action: Strengthening the Social Service Workforce to Better Protect Children and Achieve the SDGs
- Day 2, September 25: Mapping the Social Service Workforce to Better Protect Children
- Day 3, September 26: Development of a National Social Service Workforce Strengthening Strategy
- Day 4, September 27: Ending Violence Against Children Requires a Strong Social Service Workforce
- Day 5, September 28: Actions for Realizing a Stronger Social Service Workforce
Learn more about each day’s events here.