WHO Collaborating Centre for HIV Strategic Information has a pleasure of announcing a new Training Course: Reaching the 90-90-90 targets in key and priority populations: Cascade-driven programmes to improve engagement methods in HIV prevention and care.
The Course will be held on 15-19 October 2018, at the WHO Collaborating Centre for HIV Strategic Information, based at the School of Medicine in Zagreb, Croatia.
The training will outline key strategies that should be utilized to reach 90-90-90 targets in key and priority populations including:
• Understanding the epidemic – knowing where and how many KP members to reach,
• Implementation of evidence-based interventions, and
• Conducting HIV care cascade analysis and other methods of programme evaluation.
Following are the Course objectives:
• To illustrate approaches for constructing and interpreting findings from the cascade analysis
• To learn how to use cascade data to target performance improvement and provide recommendations for the most effective and feasible interventions
• To outline components of comprehensive HIV programmes for MSM, PWID and FSW, including evidence on the effectiveness of novel interventions specific for each KP (proactive enrollment in HIV prevention and treatment using peer-driven linkage, e-health interventions, home-based and community interventions, etc) and cross-cutting interventions (PrEP and PEP)
• To illustrate different service delivery (DSD) methods – stand-alone clinics, clinics within DICs, mobile/outreach services, private clinics, and
• To describe methods used to evaluate interventions (programme data, cross-sectional studies, cohort studies, randomized control trials, stepped wedge designs, preference trials and randomized consent designs, pre-post intervention designs, etc.) in KPs
Please find enclosed the Course description and the programme, and apply online via http://www.whohub-zagreb.org/apply/registration before 25 September 2018.
The message confirming yourTRAINING COURSE_Cascade-driven programmes to improve engagement in HIV prevention and care application will be sent to you by email.