From STRIVE’s Learning Lab
Tuesday 30 October, 12 Noon GMT
Although we know that partner violence may undermine the use of oral pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), evidence is scarce on how to support PrEP use while decreasing vulnerability to violence among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW).
The EMPOWER study investigated combination prevention packages (including PrEP) for AGYW in Tanzania and South Africa, particularly those at risk of gender based violence (GBV). The study involved almost 500 AGYW (16-24 years) across both countries. An open-label PrEP demonstration project, the study incorporated questions during HIV counselling and testing about participants’ exposure to GBV.
This Learning Lab will present:
- results on the feasibility and acceptability of integrating GBV screening and support for adolescent girls accessing oral PrEP
- stakeholders’ perceptions about GBV screening and its perceived risks and benefits
- analysis of the challenges and enablers around the integration of violence identification with HIV prevention services
To join the webinar on Tuesday 30 October 2018, there are THREE STEPS involved in participation.
- Register online now, you will then receive an email reminding you of the access code and toll-free numbers to dial.
- Log in to Ready Talk as a participant online, shortly before the presentation begins, so you can see the slides. Use access code 9272774.
- Dial in to Ready Talk on your telephone, shortly before the presentation begins, so you can hear the presenter speaking. Use access code 9272774.
If your country does not have a toll-free number, you can dial in for free through Skype using the US number 866-740-1260.
17:30 New Delhi